Reusable cloth wipes as a cleaning accessory is a brilliant eco-friendly swap for single-use paper towels and polyester based cleaning cloths. Did you know paper production causes deforestation, uses large amounts of energy and water, and contributes to air pollution and waste problems? The single-use kitchen roll or kitchen tissue usually ends up in the landfill along with other paper based products which make up for 26% of landfill waste (USA based statistic)? You can read more on the topic in this blog: Ocean Conservancy blog
What are Reusable cloth wipes?
The Reusable cloth wipes are made from super soft, absorbent cotton and terry towelling and are designed for wiping and cleaning different surfaces in your home. Both sides of the wipe are great at absorbing spills and wiping down surfaces. From kitchen worktops to cookers & hobs, windows and doors; these towels can be used to mop up spills, clean and dust your home.
They are handmade to withstand repeated use and designed to last. These home wipes can be used again and again for months to come.
How to use Reusable cloth wipes?
If you are going to dust, use these when the cloth is dry.
If you want to clean and wipe down, wet the towel and use as normal. Use with mild and gentle cleaners as harsh chemicals can bleach the fabric.
▪ 100% Cotton fabric and 100% cotton terry towelling
▪ Double sided cleaning cloth to make cleaning easier
▪ Soft and absorbent and great at mopping up spills.
▪ Enclosed seams for enhanced durability
▪ No loose threads that will catch on objects as you are cleaning.
What makes this product eco friendly
▪ 100% Cotton fabrics which eliminates plastic based micro fibre cloths & single-use paper towels
▪ The terry towelling used are towels that have been saved from landfill as part of the community collection I run.
▪ No micro plastics released while washing of the cloth
▪ Bio-degradable at the end of it’s life.
▪ You – By choosing to buy this product, you are promoting an eco-friendly product to others. 💚
Colours of the towelling changes frequently, depending on what we rescue. By not choosing a towel colour, you will help us make the most of the towels we rescue and put them to good use.
- Small = 6″ x 6″ / 15.2 cm by 15.2 cm approximately.
- Medium = 9 x 7.5″ / 23 cm by 19 cm approximately.
- Large = 11″ x 11″ / 28 cm by 28 cm approximately.
What does mixed print pack mean?
Any 2 prints from the list of prints shown will be chosen to make the towels.
Be kind to the cloth towels and the planet by washing at 30 degrees.
NB: These wipes can be used with cleaning products but if used with harsh chemicals, bleach spots may appear on the fabric.
The products I make have minimal packaging. All the packaging is handmade in-house and gets printed as needed to reduce stockpile. The products will have a sleeve or a little gift card with jute string and this is made with recycled card with no gloss or colour bleaching. They are made with 100% recycled paper. Every aspect of this has been thought through with sustainability and its environmental impact in mind.
NB: Colors may vary slightly due to the color setting of your screen.