Designed exclusively by isifiso and handmade, this Zero waste cutlery pouch is handcrafted from fabric scraps and upholstery sample fabrics that I have rescued from landfill.
What is Zero waste cutlery pouch?
If you eat on the go, you need this. Rather than use single use cutlery; plastic or wooden; this pouch will make it easier for you to carry your own cutlery when you go out. The cutlery roll can hold up to four sets of knives, spoons & forks and there is space to store your reusable metal straws. Use cutlery from your home, pop them into the pouches, roll it up and take it with you. When you take the cutlery out, the roll can double up as a place mat or napkin for your lap.
Every time you use this Zero waste cutlery pouch, you are reducing your carbon footprint by not using single use items. Think of the plastic cutlery that is floating in the oceans because we did not know better.
▪ 100% cotton canvas fabric and unbleached cotton pouches
▪ Simple effective design
▪ 3 pouches with enough space to fit 4 in each
▪ Top flap to cover over the pouch to keep cutlery secure
▪ Increased durability
▪ Additional option: Reusable metal straws
Why metal straws?
With reusable straws, there’s a choice between bamboo and metal straws. Metal made a stronger case as it lasts longer. This means it reduces waste and repeat buying/consumption in the longer run. There are also questions about how sustainable & eco-friendly bamboo farming is. Additionally, the chemical that bamboo based products are coated with is still being tested for long term health impact by some EU countries. Metal straws a felt safer choice.
What makes it eco friendly?
▪ The fabrics used are “new” fabrics I have rescued from going to landfill through a community scheme I run. Turning waste into something beautiful.
▪ The cutlery bags are stitched with durability in mind and these will last you a long time.
▪ You – By choosing to buy this product, you are promoting an eco-friendly product to others. 💚
Width: 15″ (37.5 cm)
Height: 10.8″ (27 cm)
Tie length: 17″ (42-43 cm)
Be kind to the cutlery pouch and the planet by washing at 30 degrees.
The products I make have minimal packaging. All the packaging is handmade in-house and gets printed as needed to reduce stockpile. The products will have a sleeve or a little gift card with jute string and this is made with recycled card with no gloss or colour bleaching. They are made with 100% recycled paper. Every aspect of this has been thought through with sustainability and its environmental impact in mind.
NB: Colors may vary slightly due to the color setting of your screen.